This scaled-down Prospector delivers everything that made the original the go-to canoe for tripping and family paddling. Compact and responsive, it has the stability needed to transition between lakes and rivers. Its maneuverability makes it a fun tandem play boat, with the agility and high volume ends needed to romp through whitewater. The hull is a basalt and polypropylene composite. This hydrophobic material is lighter and stiffer than plastic, so it's responsive, efficient, and glides better. It’s also incredibly tough. Bounce it off rocks, and it retains its original shape without breaking.
- Hull is Tuff Stuff, a composite of melted basalt rock and Innegra polypropylene fibre.
- Interior is painted sand colour.
- Gunwales are straight grained ash, fastened with stainless steel screws.
- Seats and thwarts are ash.
- Custom cut decks and contoured carrying handles.
- Fittings have a hand-rubbed oil finish.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
The bow height is the distance from the bottom of the hull to the top of the gunwale measured at the bow of the boat.
The rocker is the degree of upward curve along the bottom, from one end of the canoe to the other.