A classic Prospector is one of best all-around wilderness tripping canoes ever built. This extended length version is often seen on expeditions in the Yukon and Canadian Arctic, where seamless transitions from lake to river paddling are essential. On flat water, it tracks well and delivers good hull speed. In whitewater, the rockered keel allows agile maneuvering while the high volume ends keep waves on the outside. A high capacity hull makes it exceptionally seaworthy and holds several weeks of supplies.
- Fibreglass hull is made with woven cloth rather than chopped strand mat, for lightness and strength at an affordable price. Nova Craft’s fibreglass lay-ups are among the lightest and most rugged on the market.
- Gunwales are black anodized aircraft grade aluminum with aluminum reinforced ABS end decks for minimal maintenance.
- Seats are nylon laced ash, thwarts are ash.
- Shoe keel for improved straight line performance.
- Balanced carrying yoke makes portages easy.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
The bow height is the distance from the bottom of the hull to the top of the gunwale measured at the bow of the boat.
The rocker is the degree of upward curve along the bottom, from one end of the canoe to the other.