Lightweight, high end helmet for roadies looking to shed ounces. The in-mold construction acts like a roll cage for your helmet and dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell. Large vents pull in air and increase aerodynamics. The fit is adjustable up and down as well as around your crown.
- Internal frame with EPS padding dissipates impact force over the whole helmet.
- In-mold construction strengthens the frame.
- Large vents increase aerodynamic performance.
- Up/down adjustment as well as circumference adjustment.
- Ventilated non-stick pads at the nape of the neck.
- Nylon straps are thermo fixed and have soft spacers for next to skin comfort.
- 3D internal gel padding wicks sweat and is machine washable.
- High viz stickers on the back and straps.
- Comes with a carry bag.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).