Sometimes you need a headlamp, sometimes you need a flashlight. The HL50 keeps your options open. The lighting head unclips from the headband to become a powerful flashlight. A dual battery setup runs either a bright CR123A battery or easily found Ni-MH AA.
- Housing is stainless steel and aircraft aluminum, with an anodized finish and slip-resistant design.
- Neutral Cree XM-L2 T6 LED gives good colour representation and excellent penetration in foggy or misty settings.
- Glass lens is toughened for durability and has anti-reflective coating.
- 3 brightness modes plus burst mode.
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness through battery life.
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage from improper battery installation.
- Battery tube allows operation with a CR123A battery for brightness and duration or an easily sourced Ni-MH AA.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - boost||77m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||XM-L2 T6 LED|
|Burn time - low||150 h|
|Burn time - med||9.75 h|
|Burn time - high||3 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
|Wide and spot|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||Replaceable batteries|
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||1 lithium CR123A (not included) or 1 AA (not included)|