Shelter for the high-country escape artist. The Refugative Jacket is a lightweight, ultra-packable shell for alpine touring missions or on-hill ski days. A 3-layer waterproof-breathable shell offers up protection when either you or the weather is fully storming. Flex fabric through the arms and back offer full and free mobility. The hood adjusts with a single pull and locks in the position over a toque or a helmet. And technical features like underarm vents, high pockets and watertight zippers make it a solid choice for alpinists, backcountry skiers and in-bound shredders.
- 3-layer nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® shell sheds water, an inner C-knit layer keeps it breathable, compressible, and softly flexible.
- Stretch nylon GORE-TEX in the lower arms and upper back offers easy mobility. DWR finish sheds water.
- Optimal Visibility hood adjusts with a single pull and fits over a climbing or skiing helmet.
- 2 handwarmer pockets with watertight zips ride comfortably above a harness or hipbelt.
- Welted exterior chest pocket, internal left chest pocket, and interior stretch drop-in pocket.
- Watertight 2 way underarm zips for ventilation on steep approaches.
- Elastic interior strap and snap connect to compatible pants to prevent riding up.
- Hem cinches with a Cohaesive embedded cordlock for one-handed adjustment.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Recco system|