A single 2-section pole with unique self-arrest grip for use on steep technical ski descents and while ski mountaineering. Chromoly pick with canard wing embedded in the pole's grip provides extra security when climbing or skiing. In a self-arrest situation, hold one hand over the pick, with the shaft diagonal across the torso, and one hand holding on near the FlickLock Pro mechanism. Caution is also advised, “When climbing or skiing, try to avoid self-evisceration should you wipe out." Sage advice indeed.
- Made of aluminum upper section is 16mm diameter, lower is 14mm diameter.
- Fluted grip for weight reduction. Grippy extension lets you can choke-up when traversing steep slopes.
- Wishbone shaped lightweight webbing straps with varied widths so that the strap hangs open for easy access.
- Adjustable length webbing strap system is easy to use with gloves on.
- Straps DO NOT auto-release so they should be removed from the wrist when skiing in avalanche terrain.
- Flicklock Pro locking mechanisms uses low-profile stainless steel construction for durability and increased clamping leverage.
- Equipped with 100mm powder baskets.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Locking mechanism||FlickLock Pro|
|Sold in pairs||No|