Black Diamond Mission Shell Jacket - Men's
In bounds or out, the Mission Shell is a do-it-all jacket that's built for big days and 100-day seasons. Featuring a GORE-TEX shell with a DWR finish, storm flaps and watertight zippers, it's reliable protection for days when the weather is del-huge-ing. Extensive pockets house small essentials or your wet skins and winter gloves. A ski-helmet compatible hood and integrated cordlock adjustments keep your head covered and your vision clear. An integrated powder skirt keeps the cold smoke from getting inside on the all-time deep days.
- Made of 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX with a brushed polyester backer and a DWR finish.
- Single pull, 3-way adjustment in the hood.
- Stand up collar is lined with soft micro-suede.
- 2-way YKK Vislon zip has a water-resistant polyurethane coating.
- Extended 2-way underarm zips for venting.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuff adjustment tabs.
- Zippered chest pocket with storm flap.
- Zippered upper arm pocket with internal stretch mesh pouch holds your tunes or hill pass.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets with storm flaps.
- 2 Internal stretch mesh pockets, big enough for skins or gloves.
- Stretch mesh powder skirt.
- Integrated cohaesive cord-management hardware in the hem.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.