All of the function and performance of waterproof-breathable shell, at around half the standard weight. Think of fast, light alpine ascents or all-day ski tours where you'll encounter changeable mountain conditions. This jacket breathes freely and has fully taped seams and a DWR treatment to round out the protection. The trim silhouette moves with your body, and movement-mirroring stretch fabric ensures you retain full mobility.
- Made of 20-denier GORE-TEX Active Storm shell fabric with a DWR finish.
- Seams are fully taped for exceptional all-weather protection.
- High level of elasticity allows for excellent freedom of movement while hiking or climbing.
- Adjustable hood is built to fit over a helmet.
- Water resistant zippers.
- Storm flap behind front zipper cuts the cold and wet.
- Handwarmer pockets sit above a hip belt or pack harness. Left handwarmer pocket can be used as the jacket's stuff sack.
- Zippered chest pocket has an internal mesh media pocket.
- Hook and loop cuffs fit easily over gloves and watches.
- Below hip length, back length is 29in. (76cm) on size large.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.