Black Diamond Hot Forge Hybrid Hoody - Women's
Fire up the heat when things get cold. This hoodie combines PrimaLoft Gold down blend and synthetic insulation to give you dialed-up warmth for climbing, ski touring or mountaineering. Super lightweight and packable – it stuffs into its own pocket – this layer’s also equipped with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish so you can wear it on its own. A versatile piece for wide-ranging weather conditions in mountain playgrounds.
- Shell fabric is Pertex Quantum 20-denier nylon with a DWR finish.
- Body insulation is PrimaLoft Gold down blend for serious warmth without bulk.
- Hood, shoulders and arms have PrimaLoft Gold synthetic insulation for extra water resistance and warmth when wet.
- Lining is 20-denier nylon Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish.
- Adjustable hood is compatible with climbing helmets.
- Packs down into its own stretch mesh chest pocket and has a loop to clip it to your harness or pack.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- 2 internal drop-in pockets.
- Stretch gusseted cuffs.
- Drawcord hem for an adjustable fit.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.