Stay in the zone and get protection from the elements. Black Diamond’s Zone Jacket combines warm insulation with a rugged 2-layer shell and a durable water repellent (DWR) finish. PrimaLoft Silver is warm whether you’re ripping resort laps or dipping into the backcountry. Designed to accommodate layers, 2-way zips for heat venting, a helmet-compatible hood, integrated powder skirt, and handwarmer pockets keep you warm in the coldest conditions.
- Nylon 2-layer GORE-TEX shell with a DWR finish.
- PrimaLoft Silver insulation.
- Pertex Quantum nylon liner has a DWR finish.
- Helmet-compatible hood with integrated cord-management that allows a 3-way, single-pull adjustment.
- Stand up collar is lined with soft micro-suede
- 2-way YKK Vislon zip has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance.
- Extra long 2 way underarm zips give you serious heat venting.
- External zippered chest pocket with storm flap gives you easy access to your goods.
- Zippered upper arm pocket with internal stretch mesh pouch holds your music player or ski pass.
- 2 fully insulated zippered handwarmer pockets with storm flaps keep you toasty.
- 2 internal stretch mesh drop-in pockets are big enough to hold skins or big winter gloves.
- Internal zippered chest pocket stashes snacks and valuables.
- Integrated powder skirt stows away when not needed.
- Moulded hook-and-loop adjustable cuff tabs.
- Integrated cord management in hem adjustment.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.