An outer layer for big-mountain settings where you want to keep moving through unpredictable conditions. The 3-layer shell is durable for 100-day ski seasons and "involved" alpine objectives. Exceptionally waterproof, the fabric also has a good amount of stretch for reaching high or nailing your most stylish tail grab.
- Made of 3-layer waterproof-breathable nylon GORE-TEX with a spandex face for mobility.
- Polyester tricot backer moves moisture outward.
- Fully taped seams keep it reliably waterproof.
- Adjustable hood fits over a helmet, the wire brim with Halo closures won't impede vision.
- 2 zippered hand pockets sit above a harness.
- YKK Aquaguard zipper has an internal storm flap.
- Articulated elbows.
- Hook-and-loop cuff closures.
- Drawcord hem can be pulled close to keep out wind.
- Back length is 68cm.
|Face fabric||78-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.