With a classic design and vintage esthetic, Viva Bikes does more than just offer up a good-looking ride. A stylish way to commute and arrive at any social engagement, the Juliett Classic is equipped with a 7-speed internally geared hub. It has no exposed derailleur nor all the grease and maintenance that goes with it. You can shift gears at a standstill, taking the work out of moving away from a light because you couldn't shift down from high gear. A lux leather seat and a low step-through cross bar are both comfortable and practical. The long-lasting steel frame ensures the integrity of your bike, so you'll be riding it years from now.
- Chromoly steel frame offers up a responsive ride, with good flex and durability.
- 7-speed internally geared Shimano® rear hub with bar mounted grip shifter for smooth, easy shifting.
- Sturmey-Archer Drum brake on the front, and Shimano Nexus Roller brake on the rear.
- Integrated rear rack is the perfect platform the panniers you've been eyeing up.
- Colour matched fenders for protection on rainy days.
- Plastic pedals included.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Lars Andersen, a former cyclist with the Danish national team, began Viva Bike Design in 2006. Viva creates rides that are esthetically pleasing and well-engineered for navigating urban landscapes.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Nexus|
|Crank + rings||Alu Single Speed|
|Bottom bracket||Cartridge bearing|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Rims||Alloy double wall|