You may love your ski mates, but don't want to get too cozy on backcountry trips. After a long day, the spacious design of the Stormking 5 gives you all enough space and headroom to stretch your sore muscles. For a quick pitch during nasty weather the poles are color-coded with their respective clips. One large and one huge vestibule are more than enough room to store everyone’s packs and gear for the night. Strong enough to stand up to on Alaskan storms, big enough to comfortably sit them out.
- Geodesic dome design provides maximum floor space and head room.
- 5 DAC Pressfit poles for maximum strength and ventilation.
- Poles are color coded with clips for quick, smooth setup, even with gloves on.
- A tripod mini-pole on top strengthens the design and eliminates flat spots.
- 2 vestibules: one with a hooped pole to create ample storage space.
- Double panels on the door (fabric and mesh) let you add ventilation on hot days or hold in heat on cold days.
- Multiple external guy points secure the tent in rough weather.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||20-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.6m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||51 x 17cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.85sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.5sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.