Durable, waterproof, and extremely warm, the Norse is an excellent choice for your everday winter parka. The faux fur trim, rugged metal zippers and a long cut yield a vintage "expedition" look. The Helly Tech laminated shell is waterproof and highly breathable to keep you warm and dry on cold, wet days. With the blended-fibre insulation, you get the time-proven warmth of down with the water-resistance of synthetics. Rounded out with plenty of pockets, you can house what you need and keep your paws toasty.
- Helly Tech waterproof-breathable, 2-layer nylon shell with DWR protection.
- Insulated with Allied FX, a 60/40 blend of duck down and synthetics for reliable warmth and water resistance.
- Adjustable hood has a detachable faux fur trim.
- Durable Metalux zipper with wind-cutting storm flap.
- External pockets (lots) with 2 deep handwarmer pockets.
- Internal chest pocket.
- Adjustable cuffs keep out wind and snow.
- Articulated sleeves prevent cuffs from riding up your forearms.
- Centre back length is 89cm (large).
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.