We overhauled the venerable AlpineLite Packs. Now they're leaned out and stripped back to the bones. Minimal padding, durable metal buckle, and no extra gack – designed for alpinists, climbers jetting up long routes and anyone aiming to cover serious distance in a day.
- Made of lightweight, strong 210-denier high tenacity nylon with a double layer bottom panel of 420-denier high tenacity nylon.
- Back panel and shoulder straps have minimal padding to reduce weight and bulk. Foam backpanel is removable.
- Webbing waistbelt and sternum strap with built in whistle are removable.
- Fixed lid has an outer zippered pocket and zippered pocket with a key clip.
- One-handed drawcord closure on the spindrift collar is glove-friendly.
- Dual ice axe holders use slim toggle to hold the axe head.
- Twin front daisy chains for lashing extra gear.
- Side compression straps consolidate the load.
- Low-profile metal buckles on compression straps and lid are more durable than plastic.
- Hose routing port in spindrift collar lets you add your own hydration reservoir. (No internal reservoir sleeve to save weight.)
|Main fabric||210-denier HT ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.