MEC Berring Parka - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Consider this part two of your frosty morning arsenal (part one being hot coffee). Made for true Canadian winters, the Berring Parka combines classic detailing with an insulated, storm-proof design. Removable faux fur hood trim cuts the wind, cargo style fleece-lined pockets stash your toque, keys and cell, and warm Hyperloft insulation fights the freeze all winter long.
- Made of recycled nylon in a 2-layer waterproof-breathable laminate with fully taped seams.
- Insulated with 260g MEC Hyperloft insulation in the body, 180g in the arms and hood for freedom of movement.
- Recycled polyester taffeta lining glides over layers.
- Fully insulated adjustable hood has removable faux fur trim.
- Separate stand-up collar cuts the wind even with the hood down.
- Center front YKK 2-way zipper has an insulated storm placket with hidden snap closure and interior wind flap to keep out gusts.
- Cargo style front pockets have hidden zippered hand warmer pockets with cozy fleece lining.
- Zippered internal chest pocket and drop-in pockets for phone and wallet.
- Storm cuffs use stretch fabric seal in heat.
- Internal waist and hem drawcords seal out drafts and let you fine tune the fit.
- Mid-thigh length for easy striding.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||70-denier recycled nylon|
|Insulation||260g/sq. m polyester (body) + 180g/sq. m polyester(arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.