MEC Metamore 3 in 1 Jacket - Men's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Dress for frigid winters and adapt to tricky shoulder-season conditions. This 3 in 1 option offers a waterproof-breathable shell with a zip-in insulating inner layer. The result is an outerwear system that does the job in pretty much any weather. The rain shell is cut long for coverage and has a fully adjustable hood. The insulated layer is styled like a bomber jacket, has no hood and rides at your hip. When worn together, the combo is still slim and urban appropriate.
- External shell with 2-layer, waterproof-breathable PU laminate, DWR (durable water repellent) finish and fully taped seams for absolute waterproofing.
- Zip-out inner jacket in lightweight polyester for both face fabric and liner, and features a DWR finish.
- Inner jacket features 160g of Hyperloft synthetic insulation in the body and 100g in the arms, with sewn-through construction.
- Shell features adjustable brimmed hood, two external chest pockets and cargo-style hand pockets.
- Inner jacket has simple hand pockets.
- Zip-out jacket attaches to the external shell jacket via centre-front zippers and snaps at the rear of the neck and cuffs.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||3-in-1 jacket system|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.