MEC Adamite Jacket - Men's
This city dwelling coat fuses your beloved hoodie to a water-resistant softshell, delivering a textbook combo of comfort and weather protection. It will see you through the fall and spring semester, or even right through winter on the west coast.
- Shell is recycled polyester and spandex, with both a PU coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish for excellent water resistance.
- Plush lining is cozy high-loft fleece.
- Integrated hood.
- Zippered external chest pocket.
- 2 drop-in inner chest pockets to keep your phone accessible but secure.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets hold your keys, wallet and other essentials.
- Adjustable cuffs with snaps to seal out the cold.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.