MEC Stradale Jacket - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $97.48 From $97.48 to $195.00 $97.48 – $195.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Quietly technical and subtly elegant, the Stradale Jacket balances backcountry performance with a refined aesthetic. Fully seam-sealed and made with waterproof fabric, it offers absolute protection from the elements. The tailored silhouette provides uncluttered coverage and looks proper over jeans or a suit.
- Waterproof-breathable face fabric is polyester with a polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fully seam-sealed for absolute waterproofness.
- Recycled polyester taffeta lining lets jacket slide on easily.
- Adjustable hood with hidden zipper is removable.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Internal pocket stows small essentials.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.