MEC Powderstream Hoodie - Women's
A lightweight insulating layer that's the definition of a core piece. It's a tech layer that works for skiing, climbing and assorted backcountry hits. But the style is intentionally spare, so it won't look out of place in town. The synthetic and wool blend is warm for its weight and efficiently moves moisture during alpine pushes or threshold workouts. And the hood, cuffs an hem seal in heat when the pace starts to tick down.
- Fabric is double knit polyester, wool, nylon and spandex.
- Polyester outside face is abrasion resistant and won't soak up moisture.
- Wool inner face is warm and soft against your skin.
- Flatlocked seams and low profile zippers won't snag when layering.
- Low-profile hood fits under a helmet.
- 2 front zippered hand pockets.
- Elastic edge binding at cuffs, hem and hood.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.