Clean, fuss-free design that’s a solid stand-alone piece or warm mid-layer. The mix of fabrics – merino on the outside, soft insulating fleece on the inside – combines comfort and durability. Wear it solo on brisk October afternoons or layer it under your rain jacket when the weather’s looking dicey in spring.
- Made from luxurious merino wool outer that boasts all of merino's natural attributes: warm, breathable and water resistant.
- Recycled polyester fleece backer feels great against your skin.
- Chin coverage and 3-panel hood for warmth when the wind picks up.
- Kangaroo-style handwarmer pockets.
- External chest zippered pocket to keep cards and cash secure.
- Centre back length is 27.5in.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Secondary fabric||100% recycled polyester|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|