Something of a revolution in the world of tech bindings, the Kingpin Bindings use a conventional tech toe piece with a an alpine-style heel that has no tech pins. The result is a lightweight frameless tech binding for resort skiing, touring or skiing lift-accessed sidecountry runs. It allows you to really charge hard on the downhill and has an easy, ergonomic stride when you get back on the uptrack. With an easy conversion from walk to ski mode (flip a lever, push down on the heel and you’re good to go) it really is a quiver-of-one binding option.
- Carbon rails and hot forged aluminum parts made by DMM (makers of respected climbing gear).
- Step-in toe has individually adjustable boot stops to work with all ski boot styles. (Set the configuration with the included adjustment gauge.)
- Pivot point is pushed toward the toe to let the foot roll naturally.
- Pins click directly into the boot to reduce lifting force required to walk.
- Six steel springs offer great energy absorption and contact pressure and have high compression value.
- XXL Power Transmitter heel has contact points that are wide and far apart, so it holds the boot heel along a broad surface of the outer edge for direct power transmission to your ski.
- Brakes are self-locking in walk mode and activate when you switch to ski mode. Brakes are also removable.
- Release function is comparable to alpine bindings. Side release occurs at the heel. Toe releases when the heel does.
- Ski aggressively or on hard surfaces in the unlocked position without risking accidental release.
- 2-position heel lifts operate with poles.
- Compatible with all ski boots featuring DIN ISO PinTech inserts. You don’t need tech fittings at the heel, but the ledge at the heel needs to be a standard ski boot shape or you’ll need an adapter (available separately).
- Awarded TUV DIN certification.
- Adjustable DIN ISO setting.
- Integrated crampon adapter (crampons available separately) slide onto the toe piece without stepping out of your skis.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
The release setting determines how easily the binding will release the ski boot from the ski is the skier falls.
|Maximum compatible brake||125mm|
Mode change without exit
Enables you to go from touring to descent mode without removing your skis.
|Made in||Czech Republic|