Designed with the coldest-of-the-cold Canadian city winters in mind, this coat stands up to serious temperatures. Insulated with plush down with extra puff where you need it – shoulders, sleeves, and cuffs – it’s designed for warmth when it dips to -25°C. The waterproof-breathable laminate is totally windproof to buffer gusts when you turn the corner into a windy city street.
- Nylon face fabric has a cotton-like feel.
- Waterproof-breathable laminate in 2-layer construction.
- Durable water repellent (DWR) finish to shed water and snow.
- Insulated with 700-fill power white duck down, with extra insulation through the shoulders, cuffs and hand pockets.
- Removable hood and a zippered expansion gusset at collar.
- 2-way zipper is water-resistant and opens from the bottom so you can sit down easily.
- Removeable leather zipper pull.
- Interior zippered pocket keeps your phone and cards handy.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets with fleece lining.
- Articulated sleeves and a tighter quilt pattern under the arms leave you free to move.
- Zippered kick pleat adds freedom of movement.
- Modern scooped silhouette (centre back length is 39in. and centre front length is 33.5in.).
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||700 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|