MEC Turbine Jacket - Men's
Tear through gusts and find glory in a packable cycling jacket. It's cut tight to the body to prevent flapping and drag, and folds into its chest pocket to stash in your jersey. Laser-cut holes under the arms maximize its ability to vent heat and a DWR finish helps shed rain and road spray.
- Made of windproof, recycled polyester with a DWR treatment to shed water.
- Zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
- Front zipper is slightly offset from center so it won't pinch your chin.
- Hem and cuff are elasticized to cinch out cold gusts.
- Laser cut underarm perforations let heat escape.
- Reflective trim adds visibility.
- Performance fit limits drag, noise and flapping.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||30-denier recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.