Be prepared for changing conditions with just one adaptable jacket. The soft shell fabric sheds light precip and forms a barrier against the wind, but breathes to leave perspiration and hot sweatiness in your wake. As the weather warms up, zip off the sleeves, and you're riding in a short-sleeved jersey.
- WINDSTOPPER X-Lite Plus fabric offers up protection from wind and rain. Made of polyester, elastane, and synthetic fluoropolymer (PTFE).
- Nano Flex polyester and elastane insert under the arms have a fleecy texture provide excellent breathability.
- Jacket sleeves zip off raglan style to convert the jacket to a short-sleeved jersey.
- High collar adds warmth.
- Full length YKK Vislon zipper with wind flap
- 3 rear drop-in pockets have mesh for drainage.
- Silicone gripper at waistband prevents ride up.
- Dropped tail design protects from wheel spray.
- Reflective trim on pockets for visibility.
- Castelli recommends use from 6 to 18°C.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
|Technology||GORE-TEX Windstopper X-Lite|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|