For mega backcountry tours, these soft shell pants are wind-resistant, breathable, flexible and generally ready for action. The single ply fabric allows moisture vapour to move effeciently, while the dense double woven face sheds water and blocks wind. Inside, a brushed liner adds comfort and softness, and internal gators keep bits of snow and ice from invading your boots.
- Made of nylon and elastane double weave for wind, water, and abrasion resistance.
- Liner is soft brushed polyester for comfort and warmth.
- Zip fly with snap closure and belt loops.
- Zipped outer thigh vents can be opened on sun-soaked approaches.
- Zippered front pockets.
- Nylon kick patches.
- Internal gaitors keep the elements from creeping into your boots.
- Adjustable hem.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.