Don’t sacrifice comfort for mobility. Salomon’s waterproof-breathable Chill Out bib pant combines the warmth of insulation with the flexibility of four-way stretch, giving you more time and motion on the hill. Removable suspenders and a thigh pocket equip for sidecountry excursions while a relaxed fit is ready for après.
- Face fabric combines Salomon’s AdvancedSkin Dry 2-layer waterproof-breathable technology with 4-way stretch plain weave (nylon and elastane).
- Fully taped seams for true waterproofing.
- Salomon AdvancedSkin Warm 100% polyester insulation.
- Nylon lining.
- Water resistant zippers throughout.
- Hook and loop tab waist adjustment for a custom fit.
- Removable suspenders with attached bib make sidecountry runs a breeze.
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets keep your paws toasty.
- Zippered leg pocket carries your gear.
- Zippered thigh vents with mesh backing help you manage heat flow while keeping snow out.
- Internal snow gaiters keep you dry.
- Relaxed fit.
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined thigh vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.