MEC Alpine Ally Jacket - Men's
MEC Alpine Ally Jacket - Men's
- Available prices $274.95
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A minimalist shell that packs down small to fit in a travel bag or an alpine pack. In coastal climates or fast-changing mountain weather, it offers protection from storms and persistent rain. The design features deep pockets where you can stash accessories, and a hood that adjusts for coverage, mobility and a clear view of the way ahead. MEC chose Pertex Shield + for the Alpine Ally, as it presents both reliable outdoor performance and accessible value. With a versatile cut, you can use this jacket for climbing, hiking and skiing, or any outing when mixed weather is in the forecast.
- 3-layer Pertex Shield + is treated to shed water and taped through the seams for full waterproof protection.
- Clean, stitch-free construction is light and offers unrestricted movement.
- Helmet compatible hood has 3-way adjustments (left, right and front to back).
- Chin guard prevents chafing.
- Underarm zips provide venting options.
- Front zipper is backed with a storm flap.
- Pocket zippers are very water resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend them for electronics or other valuables.
- Hook-and-loop cuff tabs.
- Articulated elbows for easy movement and for reaching high.
- Left and right toggles adjust the hem.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.