MEC Waxwing Hybrid Jacket - Men's
Break a sweat in cool weather with the right combo of breathability, venting and moisture transport. Fleece on the sides and arms allows a great range of motion when you're skiing or running and allow your heat to disperse efficiently. Primaloft panels insulate your core and offer wind resistance when you're working against a headwind. A durable water repellent (DWR) finish gives you protection from light precipitation when you wear it as an outer layer. On colder days when you need more warmth, the slim fit easily transitions into a mid-layer.
- Shell and lining are lightweight recycled polyester that provides wind resistance.
- Fleece on the sides, arms and lower back is made from a moveable brushed blend of polyester and spandex for movement and breathability.
- Front and back quilted panels are made from Primaloft® Silver Insulation Eco (a mix of recycled polyester and polyester) for warmth.
- DWR-treated to shed snow and rain.
- 2 zippered hand pockets.
- Zippered chest pocket has a media port for your headphones.
- Thumbholes, because they just make sense.
- 28.5 in. center back length (size medium).
- Reflective tape overlay on chest and pocket keeps you reflective in low light.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||PrimaLoft Silver Eco|
|Face fabric||30-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||40g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.