Prana Merced Jacket - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Forecast calling for icy blasts? This down parka surrounds you in warmth while winter does its thing. Waterproof-breathable construction buffers you against snow, hail, sleet or rain. The front storm placket snaps close to block unwelcome gusts. Up top, fuzzy lining in the hood gives this burly city jacket a bit of a soft side.
- 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction with an outer textured twill fabric.
- Repurposed down insulation keeps out the cold.
- Polyester lining slides smoothly over layers.
- Adjustable, insulated hood is lined with faux-sheepskin.
- Zippered chest pocket gives you quick access to cards or keys.
- Inner zippered pocket and mesh drop-in pocket for storage options.
- Handwarmer pockets with snap closure patch pockets to stash your gloves.
- Drawcord hem and ribbed inner cuffs seal out drafts.
- Centre back length is 34.5in. for size large.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.