Salomon Icetown Jacket - Women's
Show off a sporting silhouette in this down insulated jacket. Waterproof-breathable construction is backed by fully-taped seams. 550 fill-power down packs some serious heat. Motion Fit technology gives you freedom of movement with added coverage in the back and shoulders. And a fur-lined collar adds a feminine touch.
- Made of 2-layer nylon and polyester waterproof-breathable fabraic with fully-taped seams.
- Nylon lining slides over layers.
- 550 fill-power down insulation.
- Articulated arms and elbows won’t bind.
- High volume shoulder area allows you to reach forward to plant poles or maintain balance.
- Removable zip off hood with adjustments.
- Interior cuffs with thumb loops.
- Hook and loop exterior cuff adjustments.
- Zippered pass pocket on left arm, handwarmer pockets, interior stash and media pockets.
- Goggle wipe.
- Removable stretch powderskirt.
- Long back allows you to bend your back to stay low, even when wearing the hood.
- Draw cord adjustable hem.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.