Show off a sporting silhouette. Waterproof-breathable construction is backed up by fully-taped seams and water resistant zippers. Motion Fit technology gives you freedom of movement, so you won't have to stop and readjust your pants. Pairs well with Salomon jackets.
- Made of 2-layer waterproof-breathable 4-way stretch nylon and elastane, with fully-taped seams.
- Polyester insulation keeps you warm.
- Nylon lining.
- Water resistant zippers throughout.
- Motion fit technology keeps the waistband in place while you move.
- Hook and loop tab waist adjustment for a custom fit.
- Warm fleece on the inner face of the waistband.
- Zippered fly and belt loops.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Articulated knees.
- Internal gaiters keep out snow.
- Kick patch reinforcements.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.