Prana Ava Vest - Women's
A quilted vest with a hood? Brilliant for layering. Wear it over a colourful sweater or under another jacket – since it’s sleeveless, it gives you lots of mobility through the arms. When the wind blasts, high-loft insulation and a fleecy hood lining keep you warm, and hand pockets provide a spot to heat up chilled fingers.
- Made from a comfortable blend of wool and synthetic fabrics.
- High-loft synthetic insulation is warm, water-resistant and breathable.
- Polyester lining slides smoothly over base layers.
- Generously sized hood is lined with soft, faux-sheepskin fleece.
- Colour-blocked yoke and pocket details for a bit of fun.
- 2 chest pockets with snap closures to tuck tickets or an emergency $20.
- Welted handwarmer pockets.
- Centre back length is 24.5in. for size small.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.