The fit of track spikes with the performance of trail shoes. These ultralight neutral runners boast the iconic Nike waffle sole, tweaked with tapered lugs so you can power up and down hills with total control. Flex grooves are designed to keep your stride smooth and efficient.
- Uppers are a single layer of ultra-lightweight mesh for optimal ventilation.
- Stitched collar bindings provide a minimalist fit and keep grit out.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps your foot for a plush, comfortable fit.
- Toe box features TPU overlays for added abrasion resistance.
- Rock plate in the forefoot helps protect your feet from rough terrain.
- Midsoles have moulded sockliners to enhance support underfoot.
- Compression molded phylon foam delivers great forefoot snap and a responsive ride.
- Outsoles have a rugged waffle tread for multi-surface traction, and tapered lugs for running hills efficiently.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.