Developed in collaboration with Dynafit athletes, these technical pants are all about big days of climbing or shredding. Durable yet extremely lightweight, the 3-layer fabric provides exceptional waterproofing and effective breathability in all conditions. Fully taped seams keep water from soaking through on 14-hour pushes. Internal gaitors prevent powder from creeping in, while 2-way side zippers reach to mid-thigh for on-the-go temperature adjustments.
- Main fabric is a GORE-TEX Active 3-layer construction with a polyester lining for exceptional waterproofing and breathability.
- Fully taped seams keep water out.
- Zippered and snap fly waist with belt loops for a nuanced fit.
- Adjustable waist tab system.
- Articulated knees for increased mobility during involved descents.
- 2-way side zippers extend to mid-thigh.
- 2 zippered front pockets.
- All zippers are water resistant YKK.
- Internal gaitors seal out errant clouds of powder.
- Adjustable hem.
- Kick patches for added durability.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length leg zips|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.