Pack light, move fast – it's a tried and true concept. When scrutinizing your gear, this jacket gets a no-brainer spot in the pack. Hyper-light at 299g, it's wind, water, and abrasion resistant for all-out activities like ski mountaineering. Polartec Alpha polyester insulation is extremely warm and light, and is breathable so you don't have to de-layer as you progress. Fitted hood slides under a helmet, and stays put when powering through.
- Made of ripstop nylon with a DWR (durable water repellant) treatment so it's wind, water, and abrasion resistant.
- Polyester lining slides freely against layers.
- 100g Polartec Alpha polyester insulation is warm and provides excellent breathability for high-intensity activities.
- Quilted design prevents heat-leaking seams.
- Fitted hood.
- Single external chest pocket also acts as a stuff sack.
- Thumbloops to keep the sleeves in place
- Sleeves are shaped for a streamlined silhouette.
|Ideal for||Ski mountaineering|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.