MEC Flute Pants - Youths
Get insulated snowboard styling for any moment in the snow. These waterproof-breathable pants with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish feature pockets for granola bars, music and lip balm, articulated knees and an adjustable waistband to last more than a few seasons.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is 2-layer recycled polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating and a DWR finish.
- Lined with recycled polyester.
- Polyester synthetic insulation helps you stay warm.
- Zip fly with button closure.
- 2 slash pockets lined with soft fleece.
- Rear pocket has a convenient zip closure.
- Articulated knees promote rather than restrict movement.
- Ankle zips make it quick to get pants on and off.
- Internal gaiters have elastic to keep them in place.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Internal gaiters|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.