MEC Confidante Insulated Jacket - Women's
Combat the damp cold of a west-coast winter or a blustery east-coast spring. This tailored jacket is made of waterproof-breathable fabric and has a layer of insulation for waiting in line at the food truck. A tall neck protects against gusts, and the deep pockets are lined for warmth and kindness. Taped seams keep out wetness, with an insulated hood to pull on during a squall.
- Shell is polyester with a waterproof-breathable microporous laminate and DWR treatment that helps sheds rain and snow.
- Taped seams throughout make it fully waterproof.
- Insulated with 80g Hyperloft polyester in the body and hood.
- Insulated hood has an adjustable tab and drawstring.
- 2 deep, fleece-lined handwarmer pockets.
- Zippered internal security pocket.
- Zipper has a wind placket to block the cold.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||180-denier polyester|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.