When your quest for fresh lines takes you from sidecountry excursions to backcountry tours, a bomber jacket is essential. Robust 3-layer construction combines outstanding waterproof-breathability with an incredibly breathable back panel. Burly yet insanely packable, this piece of winter armour features essential backcountry details like waterproof pockets for skins, a stand up collar and a powder skirt. The articulated fit won't get in the way during high-intensity tours or runs, and is loose enough for a traditional layering setup.
- 3-layer construction features a ripstop nylon face, a GORE-TEX® Pro waterproof-breathable laminate and a micro grid backer.
- Fully taped seams with GORE-TEX tape keeps water from soaking through.
- Adjustable hood with embedded cord adjustments seals out frigid winds and icy elements.
- Stand-up collar features fleecy chin guard.
- Underarm zippers to vent heat when climbing or skinning.
- Zippered chest pockets are large enough to accommodate splitboard skins.
- Internal drop-in pockets house essentials.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
- Removable powder skirt is water-resistant and attaches to compatible ski pants.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Powder skirt|