From Burton [ak], the BK Down Insulator is for touring the backcountry or braving urban tundra. Insulted with goose down, housed in bombproof nylon, it's all about big heat in a packable package. Roomy chest pocket holds your day-to-day necessities, while backcountry-ready details like ventilating underarm zips and an articulated fit inspire total confidence when sniffing out remote lines.
- Ripstop nylon face fabric is DWR finished for solid water resistance.
- Insulated with incredibly warm 800 fill-power goose down.
- Underarm zips enhance ventilation in changing conditions.
- Fleece lined handwarmer pockets keep hands warm while waiting for the train.
- Roomy external zippered chest pocket houses essentials.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||800 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.