Made for carving when it’s cold, this 2-layer GORE-TEX shell offers up bombproof protection. A mapped layer of warm Thermolite insulation (made from recycled fibres) is welcome on the chairlift. Ride-specific features include a removable powder skirt and a removable media holster pocket to keep your phone out of the snow.
- Fabric is nylon GORE-TEX 2-layer waterproof-breathable fabric.
- Mapped with recycled Thermolite insulation (slightly more in the body than in the sleeves).
- Lining is nylon taffeta with micro-pores to promote breathability.
- Fully seam sealed with GORE-TEX seam tape.
- Adjustable hood.
- Water-resistant media pocket holster is detachable for a phone and credit card; a clear window lets you use the screen with gloves on.
- Interior drop-in goggle pocket.
- Mesh lined underarm zips for venting.
- Removable powder skirt with snap and tab to attach to compatible snow pants.
- Drawcord hem cinch is access from inside handwarmer pockets.
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester (body) + 60g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Recco system|