The Burton [ak] Summit Pants suit all-out riding in any weather. Fully seam-taped and waterproof-breathable, they help you brace for cold and piercing winds. Inside, the lining slides over base layers, has mesh areas for breathability, and warm fabric for insulation. The [ak] fit accommodates your layering system, and the inner thigh vents offer cooling air flow when you need it. Stash your phone, multi-tool and summit snacks in the thigh pocket and ride on.
- Made of nylon waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX® in 2-layer construction.
- Mapped nylon taffeta lining is smooth over base layers.
- Mesh lining in areas where you need breathability, and soft brushed tricot for warmth.
- Seams are fully sealed with GORE-TEX seam tape.
- Performance-oriented articulated fit accommodates movement and a traditional layering system.
- Zippered fly with belt loops.
- Contoured waist band, higher in the back for comfort and coverage.
- Thigh cargo pockets holds essentials.
- Back pocket with flap.
- Inner thigh vents.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.