Burton Atlas Jacket - Boys' - Youths
An insulated jacket for snaking steep lines. Insulated with breathable Thermacore, it features a waterproof-breathable shell for protection and comfort on snowy mornings or bluebird afternoons. Slope-ready details include a helmet compatible hood, a drop-in goggle pocket and lift pass pocket. Parent-friendly details like Room to Grow extendable sleeves will keep this super-rad jacket in play for several seasons.
- Shell is waterproof-breathable DRYRIDE Durashell 2-layer polyester for warmth and protection in the wet.
- Thermacore synthetic insulation is 80g throughout.
- Strategically taped seams seal out water in critical areas.
- Adjustable hood is helmet friendly with an expandable hood gaiter.
- Underarm zips add ventilation options.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets and Velcro® cargo pockets secure valuables.
- Interior drop in goggle pocket.
- Room to Grow system features extendable sleeves to accommodate growing shredders.
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.