Burton's most iconic board – the Classic – is finally available in splitty form. The versatile Custom has Burton's PurePop camber profile for playfulness and snap. The early rise tip and tail serve up float that allow you to flow down through the deep stuff. Its directional shape features a slightly longer nose to augment its pop and flow in varying conditions. Durable edges extend slightly beneath the bindings for edge hold when railing in icy hard conditions, and smoothness that's forgiving when riding on softer surfaces.
- PurePop camber profile features subtle flat zones just outside your feet to amplify pop and responsiveness
- Early rise tip and tail sections provide plenty of float and a catch-free ride.
- Tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- FSC-certified Super Fly Core uses strong, light woods where they can add pop, give stength and reduce weight.
- Dualzone EGD puts the wood grain along the toe and heel edge, and perpendicular to the rest of the core, for strength and consistent edge-hold.
- Squeezebox core improves pop and performance with powerful sections and thinner, more flexible sections. Energy is transferred to the tip and tail to make the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
- Frostbite edges extend out slightly beneath bindings for outstanding edge hold when the conditions get icy, but a playful feel the rest of the time.
- Sintered WFO base infuses a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra absorbent high density sintered material to produce an ultra-durable base that stays wide open in all seasons and all conditions.
- Split channel design is the strongest, fastest, easiest, and most adjustable mounting system ever offered on a splitboard. Comes with pucks pre-mounted for easy setup.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.