Scarpa Freedom RS Ski Boots - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $657.00 $657.00
- Original price $939.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Rip down slopes in boots that give you ultimate control. The design of the Freedom RS boots is based on Scarpa's popular Freedom SL boots, but the RS have stiffer cuffs for less lateral flex and more control. Power transmission comes courtesy of a carbon core plate in the bottom of the boots, lightweight shell, and overlap construction for a great foot wrap. Adjustable spoilers allow you to customize your fit, and rubber weather seals at the toes keep you protected from snow even when your buckles are loosened for long boot packs and up-tracks.
- Polyamide cuff with ample stiffness.
- Pebax Rnew and carbon lower shell.
- Carbon core plate increases power transmission from edge to edge, while keeping it light and low-profile.
- Ride Power Block XT ski/hike mechanism provides downhill power and a frictionless uphill walk mode.
- Canting adjustment of +/- 2mm.
- Adjustable spoilers let you to dial in the fit, power-transmission and volume of the cuffs.
- Thermomouldable liners in the lower boot. Race-inspired reinforced uppers.
- 4 buckles with hook clasps let you fully open buckles when skinning.
- Straps are easy to adjust when wearing gloves.
- Ice pick on strap to remove ice from the walk-mode switch if it freezes up.
- Soles are Scarpa Vibram Mountain Plus and are compatible with tech and touring bindings. (Mountain Piste soles available separately are compatible with alpine bindings.)
|Ideal for||Freeride and freeskiing|
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Pebax + carbon|
|Shell cuff material||Polyamide|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
Indicates how stiff the boots are when flexed forward. Flex ranges from 50 (soft) to 130 (very stiff). Note: There is currently no industry standardized test.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.