Brooks PureGrit 4 Trail Running Shoes - Women's
Low-profile shoes deliver excellent ground feel, with rock plates to protect your feet. Inverted heels help you land in a naturally aligned position, returning lots of energy and maintaining speed. Propulsion plates launch smooth the toe off, while rubber cornering guards let you move through curves at full tilt.
- Uppers are lightweight mesh, with elastic wraps for comfortable fit customized to your foot shape.
- Midsoles use BioMoGo® copolymer foam for substantial cushioning and rebound with a long lifespan. A non-toxic additive allows it to break down faster than EVA in anaerobic landfill conditions.
- Omega Flex Grooves in the midsoles enhance flexibility without compromising cushioning.
- Full-length rock shields are toughened thermoplastic EVA.
- Toe flex allows for good flex and balance at toe-off zones.
- Multi-edge hex lugs provide sure-footed traction.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.