You don’t ski tour in your work clothes – why ride to work in your touring kit? These affordable rain pants are a great alternative to burly 3-layer waterproof pants. Ultralight and packable, they stuff into a pannier or school bag. When the skies open up, the waterproof, taped fabric keeps your business attire crisp and dry. They are not super-breathable, but are great for getting you around town or as an always-there option at the bottom of your pack.
- Made of nylon shell with a waterproof coating.
- Seams are fully taped and waterproof.
- Elastic waistband with drawstring.
- Zippered pocket.
- Hook-and-loop cinch straps at hems can be adjusted to keep the hem away from bike chains.
- Styled to easily fit over top of your jeans or work clothes.
- Reflective trims keeps you visible in the evening.
- Mesh stuff sack included for easy packing.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|