A low-profile and purpose-built pack for backcountry day trips or hut trips. The quickly accessible front pocket stows avalanche or emergency geart. The Alpine carry system keeps weight close to your back, so you stay nimble and balanced. While it's a ski-specific design, it has climber friendly details including a removable cushioned "bum pad" for seated belays and a slight profile that suits climbing or scrambling. Built for those with a smaller frame, and is great for shorter torsos.
- Main fabric is ripstop nylon for lightweight and abrasion resistance.
- Alpine back pad system and ergonomically shaped mesh shoulder straps provide cushioning, breathability and excellent support.
- Delrin U-frame is flexible while providing plenty of support and weight distribution.
- Top loading with floating lid and spindrift collar – add up to 8L of extra capacity by filling up the spindrift collar.
- Lower structure of pack is composed of a removable foam pad that's great for seated belays or camp lounging.
- Variflex hip fins on waist belt move with your body over difficult terrain, and can be removed for extra lightweight days.
- Front pocket is easily accessible for stowing avalanche essentials (includes compartments for probes and a shovel).
- Ski attachments for hauling (either A-frame or diagonally).
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment system is stowable.
- 2 ice axe pockets with straps stow tools and keeps sharp edges covered.
- Adjustable sternum strap with integrated whistle.
- An interior wet laundry compartment stows soggy equipment.
- Loops for attaching the separately sold helmet holder.
- Gear loop on hip belt for necessary attachments.
- Accommodates hydration systems up to 3L.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Volume||32 + 8L|
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.