La Sportiva Genius Rock Shoes - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Hook, scum, and edge with unparalleled sensitivity, power, and confidence. A precise fit and edgeless sole lets you find every crystal on friction-dependent projects and sticky Vibram® XS Grip2 rubber adds smearing potential. Solution-proven P3® technology ensures powerful pulling and edging on steep lines, while the asymmetrical lace-up system provides a precision fit for every foot shape.
- Unlined uppers and perforated tongues are breathable for muggy rainforest sessions.
- No-Edge™ technology eliminates traditional edges of the sole, allowing optimal contact and sensitivity between foot and rock.
- P3® (Permanent Power Platform) ensures a downturned yet flexible shape for steep lines or featureless vert.
- Pointed toe allows precision on pocketed limestone.
- Sticky toe rand rubber coverage helps lock-in toe hooks.
- Thin, 3mm Vibram® XS Grip2 gives precise performance and maximum friction.
- La Sportiva suggests downsizing 1-1.5 sizes (performance fit) or 0.5-1 sizes (comfort fit) from your street shoe size.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather and synthetic|
|Outsoles||3mm Vibram XS Grip 2|
How to measure