The Uptrack Pants are a smart counterpart to pure alpine routes, technical ice and ski summits. The innovative soft shell was developed by MEC fabric specialists, and the result is a wind-resistant, water-resistant fabric that's uniquely breathable, soft and supple. The face is durable nylon with a high-quality DWR finish. Sandwiched between the bonded layers is an ultra-thin foam layer that effectively stops wind and water from penetrating, without the stiffness of traditional laminates.
- Made of nylon and spandex soft shell bonded with a polyurethane foam that's wind-blocking and water-resistant.
- Brushed polyester interior wicks moisture and slides freely over base layers.
- Zip fly has a snap closure.
- Belt loops and hook and loop tab adjustable the waist.
- Waist is lined with soft microfleece.
- 2 zippered hand pockets.
- Cargo pocket on right thigh has a Velcro® flap and zipper, sized for a couple of your favourite bars, a field notebook or snow assessment tools.
- Articulated knees allow a full range of motion.
- Zippered gussets at ankles fit over alpine climbing boots when closed, or ski boots when zipped open.
- Adjustable ankle hem draw cords.
- Grommets at ankles for attaching your own stirrup cord.
- Recco® Rescue System reflector is detectable by ski patrol and rescue teams. Useful for resort skiing, it is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|